I've been getting a little bit of flack for the length of my posts lately, so, I'm sorry if this blog has been a great burden on your literacy and attention span.
(See what I did there? Yeah, I pulled a Pepsi.)
But, to show that I can take a little constructive criticism, (and because I was already going to do this anyway), let's try something a bit different this time around.
As I mentioned a few posts back, my friend Outi J. was kind enough to help me put the decal I bought for my living room. It was a process.
We began with a blank canvas:
Cut once, measure twice, right? We moved this around a couple of times before getting started:
We have lift-off! This seemed a lot more exciting before we had done any of the branches:
It's a good thing real trees don't actually grow like this. Also, note the yellow squeegees.:
More branches! Getting them to line up was a challenge:
Done! This picture is horribly blurry, mainly because I lost interest in trying to get the top piece to match up. You can't even tell, can you:
Look! Petals! That I had the privilege of putting on one by one, and then rearranging when I got frustrated by how much it didn't look like the picture on the website. Note that I have taped up said picture at this point, so much rearranging and gnashing of teeth has already happened:
Getting this to look like these petals were actually being blown by the wind was a challenge. One that I had not yet succeeded at:
I took some time off, and spent the next two weekends sticking petals to my wall until I got fed up:
After three weeks, I had something to show for myself:
And to think, I'd been worried about not having enough petals: