Let's get started:
- On my birthday, the cashier at Starbucks blurted out, "I like you--I like your sunglasses. They're very stylish." I said, "Thanks."+3 awkward points.
- Later that day, my sunglasses broke. 0 awkward points, many sad points.
- Last weekend, a man approached me in Davis Square and asked me to point a tiny squirt gun at him and pretend that he was robbing me. He looked like he might actually rob me. I declined as politely as I could, given the circumstances. Then I had to stand next to him for two minutes and wait for the light to change. +7 awkward points.
- One of my coworkers thinks I'm a pirate. +2 awkward points. Or is it awesome points?
- Speaking of twitter, someone I follow that I've never actually met thinks I work too much. Maybe I shouldn't tweet from the office so much+2 awkward points.
- After having dinner with friends on Saturday (including the lovely Claire M., Katy E., and Dan P.) I was asked out for a drink by a boy I met on the T. +3 awkward points.
- He had green hair. +2 awkward points.
No, I did not go out with him. Don't be ridiculous.