17 March 2009

Awkward Recap

It's been a while since we've done one of these.  Well, it's been a while since I've written anything here at all, but that's besides the point!  

Let's get started:
  • On my birthday, the cashier at Starbucks blurted out, "I like you--I like your sunglasses.  They're very stylish." I said, "Thanks."+3 awkward points.
  • Later that day, my sunglasses broke. 0 awkward points, many sad points.
  • Last weekend, a man approached me in Davis Square and asked me to point a tiny squirt gun at him and pretend that he was robbing me.  He looked like he might actually rob me.  I declined as politely as I could, given the circumstances.  Then I had to stand next to him for two minutes and wait for the light to change. +7 awkward points.
  • One of my coworkers thinks I'm a pirate. +2 awkward points. Or is it awesome points?
  • Speaking of twitter, someone I follow that I've never actually met thinks I work too much. Maybe I shouldn't tweet from the office so much+2 awkward points.
  • After having dinner with friends on Saturday (including the lovely Claire M., Katy E., and Dan P.) I was asked out for a drink by a boy I met on the T. +3 awkward points.
  • He had green hair. +2 awkward points.
No, I did not go out with him. Don't be ridiculous. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad that I popped a stitch this afternoon (it makes it less painful to laugh). You earn AWESOME points for people thinking you're pirates (at least in Portland you do)!

How *is* your eye, by the way?

Julianna said...

I think creepy guy with squirt gun gets extra awkward points for asking a 2nd time and using the word "rape" that time. And then even more awkward points for asking adam, as well.